MIX VEG TEMPURA
- ½ cup tempura flour / Maida
- ½ cup cornflower
- 2 cups ice water
- oil, for deep-frying
- maida & cornflower paste for coating
- Fresh broccoli
- Button mushrooms
- Baby corn
- Capsicums (Red/ Yellow & Green)
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables
- Half boil the vegetables in salt water
- Take a bowl add vegetables to it and add salt soy sauce, pepper, chili flakes and sprinkle cornflower.
- Sift the ½ cup flour (maida) and ½ cup corn flower into a bowl, make a well in the center and add the iced water. Stir with fork until just combined. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Pour the flour batter on the vegetables.
- Shallow Fry the Vegetables.
- Cook the Vegetables in batches until crisp and light golden.
- Drain on crumpled paper towels. Repeat with all the vegetables.
- Serve the tempura immediately with tempura dipping sauce or soy sauce.
- Tempura should have a very light batter and needs to be served as soon as it is cooked.
sure that the water is ice cold as this helps to lighten the batter. If you are unsure, add a few ice cubes.