Nutritious Vegetable Uttappa yummy and healthy !!
- 1/2 cup - urad dal
- 1 cup- rice
- 1/2 cup poha
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi seeds)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup- chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grate carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 5-6 finely chopped green chilies
- 1/2 tsp- green chili paste
- 1 tbsp oil
1. Soak urad dal, rice, poha and fenugreek seeds for overnight. In morning drain the water.
2. Put the mixture in the grinder add water to it and grind to smooth paste.
3. Now keep the mixture for fermentation for 8 hrs in warm place. It will rise double to its size after 8 hrs.
4. Take the mixture in big bowl and add onion, carrot, coriander, green chilies, chili paste and salt. Mix well.
6. cook it for 2-3 mins, smear oil and flip it to other side and smear again with little oil. Cook for 1-2 mins.
7. Then remove it from the tawa and serve it hot with butter on it .
You can also serve it with chutney and sauce.
Tips: You can add capsicum, cabbage, spinach, beetroot, sprouts etc.. or any other vegetable of your choice.