This recipe is again shared by my mother in law with me in-fact she made it for me and my husband as I said she was staying for some days with us. :-)
Apple Jam tastes superb and it’s very quick and easy to make.
My hubby loves it so much that I need to increase the frequency of making it :-)
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 5 mins
- 2 Apples (Medium sized)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Combine the apple, water (1 cup) and sugar in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and add the lemon juice. Mix well and microwave on HIGH for 2½ minutes.
- Cool and store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- You can add cinnamon powder (optional). I wanted the pure apple flavor so have not added it to this jam.
- The color of the apple jam will change to rich amber color after one day.
- Substitute the apples for mashed strawberries, pineapple, mango to make fresh fruit jam. Depend on the season you can try out different variations.