HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL
DIWALI FESTIVAL

Click here to Shop at Anjali's Creativity

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

RAVA LADOO

RAVA LADOOS
My Mom makes these beautiful Rava Ladoos with one kishmish (raisin) in each. I absolutely adored these. Her version is not too oily or too dry (which I observed in the ladoos made by others). Ingredients:


2 cup fine rava, 1 ¼ cup sugar, 1cup-grated coconut, 1 tsp raisins, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 ¼ cup water and 2 tbsp Ghee .
Method:

1. Heat ghee and add rava/sooji and fry on medium heat mixing continuously till a nice aroma comes out of it. Take out the sooji in a plate. 2. Add grated coconut to the rava. And allow it to cook for 2 mins.
3. Heat water in one pan and dissolve sugar in it and boil it for 5-7 mins to make sugar syrup. Flavor the syrup with cardamom powder.
4. Remove it from the flame. Pour the sugar cardamom syrup in the rava coconut mixture. 5. When it is dried and can be handled, apply some ghee to hands and make ladoos. Add 1 raisin to each ladoo to garnish it :-) When they are cooled to room temperature, store in airtight containers.

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web address and thought I
    may as well check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.

    Look forward to looking at your web page yet again.
    My web site: Diets That Work

    ReplyDelete