Basil and Tomato Pasta
Basil and Tomato sauce is one of the famous pasta sauce in Italy .
- 3 cups Fusilli Pasta
- 2 cups Tomato Puree
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 12 to 15 chopped Basil
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
Pasta and Sauce Preparation:
- Take 1 liter water in a wok, add Fusilli pasta to it and cook it for 15 mins.
- After cooking drain the water completely and keep it aside.
Basil and Tomato sauce Preparation:
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add garlic and onions to it. Saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chili powder, sugar, salt and ½ cup of water and bring to a boil.
- At last add the cream and basil leaves.
- Mix well and keep aside.
Serving Pasta with Sauce:
- While serving toss the Fusilli Pasta in the Basil and Tomato sauce.
- Garnish with cheese.
- In case you are serving it after sometime reheat the Basil and Tomato Sauce and then toss the Fusilli Pasta in it. Serve hot garnished with Parmesan Cheese!