Kairicha Panha (Raw Mango Juice)Kairicha Panha is a sweet and tart drink made from raw mangoes. An excellent coolant and the best welcome drink. :-)
Ingredients to make approx 10 glasses of Panha:
1 large green raw mango,
at least 20 tsp of sugar,
10 to 12 glasses of cold water,
2 to 3 tsp salt,
a generous pinch of saffron,
pulp of 1 ripe alphonso mango (optional).
1. Peel and cook the raw mango in a pressure cooker till soft and pulpy.
2. Remove all the pulp after the mango has cooled a bit.
3. Add one glass of water and the pulp of one ripe alphonso mango to it and mix it with a hand blender or in an ordinary blender to make it smooth.
4. Next add the rest of the water, sugar and salt and stir until completely dissolved.
5. Lastly add the saffron. Give it a taste.
Note: · Quantity of sugar depends on how sour the mango is. So adjust accordingly. · Also increase the quantity of water if you want a thinner consistency.