Making chocolate at home is not a tedious process as many assume. There are many methods to make chocolates.
During festivals like Diwali and Christmas, homemade chocolates make for excellent edible gifts. Wrap the chocolates in pretty colored papers and gift them to family, friends or your Valentine.
- Cocoa powder 5 tbsps
- Milk powder 1+ 1/4 cups
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
1. Sieve cocoa powder and milk powder and keep aside
2. Take a pan and heat water in it. Add sugar to it and bring to boil. On low flame continue cooking till the syrup reaches one string consistency.
3. Add butter to the to the sugar syrup. Mix it well. Turn off the heat.
4. Add the cocoa powder & Milk powder mixture gradually and mix well till it looks glossy.
5. Pour the mixture in the chocolate molds.
6. Smooth the top with a saputala and allow it to set.
7. Refrigerate it for 15 mins.
8. Chocolates are ready to serve!!
Ø Wrap them in colored papers and gift to family and friends.
Ø Prepare a decorative chocolate bouquet.
Ø You can add crushed nuts of your choice.
Ø One can add different flavors like chocolate essence, vanilla essence, cinnamon or espresso. Crushed pistachios, cashew or almonds make for a good choice.
Ø You can add 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence at the time of adding butter. Alternately, 2 tsps of strong coffee mixture can be added.
Ø You can roll the finished chocolate in desiccated coconut.