GULAB JAMUN!!These round, dark, syrupy jamuns taste as good as they look. They can be had on any occasion, anytime of the year and they are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Gulab Jamun is one of the favorite Indian desserts. They are golden brown balls in flavored sugar syrup. They are served warm or at room temperature. You can also buy instant mix and make them by following the instructions.
½ cup milk powder, 250 gms mawa/ Khava, 2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, ¼ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp cardamom powder, 2 cup water, 1/2 tsp rose essence, ¼ tsp kesar and oil to deep fry.
Gulab Jamun Preparation:
1. Grate Khava/mawa and keep aside.
2. Mix the milk powder, mawa, baking powder, cardamom powder and all-purpose flour. Mix it well. Add required quantity of water so that you are able to form soft dough.
3. Apply oil to your palm and make small round shape balls.
4. Deep-fry these balls on medium heat till golden in color.
5. Drain and soak in sugar syrup for at least 15-20mins before serving.
Sugar syrup Preparation:
1. Heat the water and dissolve the sugar in it.
2. Remove from heat and add the Rose essence and Kesar.
3. Add the jamuns while still warm and keep pot covered for 15-20 minutes.