- 6 Tender large Taro leaves
- 2 cup Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Goda Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil as needed for shallow fry
- Wash taro leaves thoroughly, flip and remove the veins keeping the leaf intact. Set these aside.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients except water in a bowl. Add little water at a time and make thick paste. Consistency should be like idli batter.
- Now spread leaf, spread the paste on the leaf making sure its covered but the batter layer is thin. Now spread another leaf on top and spread thin layer of batter.
- Fold sides of the leaf, cover with more batter so the sides stick properly. Now make tight roll.
- Similarly make two more rolls from remaining leaves and batter.
- Arrange all the rolls in a greased plate.
- Steam for 15-20 mins.
- Remove and let them cool completely. Now using sharp knife cut thick rounds vadis.