Lambat Bhajke Pohe Chivda
250 gm lambat bhajke pohe, 3 tblsp oil, 2 tsp mustard seeds, 2 tsp Cumin seeds, 12-15 curry leaves, 1 tsp Hing (Asafoetida), 2 tsp Turmeric powder, 2-3 tsp chivda masala, 1 cup roasted fried peanuts, 2tsp chopped green chili, 1cup fried Dalia (roasted split chickpea), 1cup pieces of fried coconut, 2 tsp sugar, 10-12 dry mint leaves, salt to taste and 2 tsp lemon juice.
1. Heat the oil in a large Kadai.
2. Fry one by one the coconut pieces, roasted peanuts and dal in it.
3. Add it on the lambat bhajke pohe.
4. Add grounded sugar to the above mixture.
5. Fry curry leaves and add on the pohe.
6. Fry Mint leaves add and over the pohe
7. Fry green chilies and add over the pohe.
8. Once the oil is hot, splutter the mustard, hing, turmeric, chivda masala, salt, cumin seeds and lemon juice.
9. Turn off the flame. Add the above mixture on the pohe & mix till the Pohe are properly coated. Check for salt & add some more if needed. Once the pohe are coated well with oil & masala from the phodni, the work is done, since they are already crunchy!
P.S. Chivda can be stored for as long as 3-4 weeks if stored properly in dry airtight containers.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Diwali! :-)