This ever-popular Chinese dish is really easy to make. When you eat these deep fried vegetable balls in a Soya sauce based gravy, do not let ordinary things like the weighing scale bother you! Just dig into these deep fried delights and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 20 mins.
For the Manchurian (vegetable balls):
½ grated cabbage, 2 grated carrots, 2 chopped onions, 2 finely chopped capsicum, 2 tbsp cornflour, 5 tbsp plain floor (maida), 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped, 1 green chili finely chopped, salt & pepper to taste and oil for deep frying
For the Soya Sauce based Gravy:
2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 5-6 green chilies finely chopped, ½ cabbage (finely chopped), 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped onions, 2 chopped capsicums, 2 cup water, 1 tbsp Soya sauce, 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup of water, 2 tbsp oil, 1tsp sugar and salt to taste.
Preparation for Manchurian (Vegetable ball):
1. Mix the grated cabbage, carrots, onions, capsicum, garlic cloves, green chili, salt and pepper well.
2. Add cornflour and maida to it. Add water and make sticky dough.
3. Roll in to small balls.
4. Heat oil in pan and deep fry the balls. Keep it aside.
Preparation for Manchurian Gravy:
1. Heat oil in pan, add chopped onions and let it cook till golden brown.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilies, cabbage, carrots, onions and capsicum to it. Cook it for 2 mins.
3. Add water, Soya sauce, sugar and salt mix well and cook for 1 min.
4. Add cornflour mixed with water slowly to above mixture and stir it well. Cook for 5 mins
5. Gravy is ready. Now put the Manchurians in the gravy and cook it for some more time.
6. Manchurian with Gravy is ready to serve.