250 gm Patal Pohe (Thin beaten rice), 3 tblsp oil, 2 tsp mustard seeds, 2 tsp Cumin seeds, 12-15 curry leaves, 1 tsp Hing (Asafoetida), 2 tsp Turmeric powder, 2-3 tsp chivda masala, 1 cup roasted fried peanuts, 2tsp chopped green chili, 1cup fried Dalia (roasted split chickpea), 1cup pieces of fried coconut, 2 tsp sugar, 10-12 dry mint leaves, salt to taste and 2 tsp lemon juice.
Keep the Thin Pohe in sunlight for 3-4 hours so that it becomes crunchy. Apply Salt, Oil and Turmeric to the thin pohe and heat them on low flame till it becomes crunchy.
1.Heat the oil in a large Kadai. It s very important to use a large kadai/ deep pan since you will need space to turn over the pohe from time to time.
2.Fry one by one the coconut pieces, roasted peanuts and dal in it.
3. Add it on the patal pohe.
4. Add grounded sugar to the above mixture.
5. Fry curry leaves and add on the patal pohe.
6. Fry Mint leaves add and over the patal pohe
7. Fry green chilies and add over the patal pohe.
8. Once the oil is hot, splutter the mustard, hing, chivda masala, poppy seeds and lemon juice.
9. Turn off the flame. Add the above mixture on the patal pohe & mix till the patal pohe are properly coated. Check for salt & add some more if needed.
10. Once the pohe are coated well with oil & masala from the phodni, the work is done, since they are already crunchy!