HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL

HAPPY DIWALI TO ALL
DIWALI FESTIVAL

Click here to Shop at Anjali's Creativity

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

1 Year & 6 Months and Still Counting!!!


1 Year & 6 Months and Still Counting!!! :-)
On 12th July 2010 this blog turned 1 year & 6 months old :-). Thanks to all of you who supported this venture. I was planning to post this on 12th Jan 2010 on the completion of 1 year but was busy with my wedding preparations and was not able to spare time to write, so decided to write when my blog turned 1 year & 6 months.

I had started Anjali’s Kitchen, on 12th Jan 2009 as a place to save our home-made food recipes and also some new trials by me, my Mom and now by my Mother in law :-). I would have never started this if my husband would not have encouraged me that time to go ahead and start my own blog. In the beginning, I had no clue about blogs; I used to try adding new features every day to my blog through lots of exploring. The day I received the first comment on my blog, I was delighted. The motivation has lasted so long due to the amount of love and admiration I have received from you all.

I was overjoyed when I got an invite from Zee Marathi for a popular Marathi cookery show “Aamhi Sare Khavayye”. It is a TV show featuring preparation of various delectable dishes. I was invited by them to show my culinary skills and it was hosted by well-known Marathi actor ‘Prashant Damle’. It was telecast on 7th Dec 2009 on Zee Marathi. It encouraged me even more to add new recipes to this blog. I have posted the videos of the telecast on my blog for making it easier for everyone to try out those recipes.

I always tell people to drop a comment on the posts as comments are the only way I get to know who is reading and what they like here. It may not be possible for me to always post what each and everyone wants, because each day I get so many different requests. But at least I would know what you want to read here. I encourage you to write at least a single line here when you try out any recipe from Anjali’s Kitchen. Tell me what you liked about it or what you did not like. If you have genuinely used this blog, please let me know. Please be polite while commenting. It takes a lot of hard work, time, energy and money, to maintain this blog, so let us make it a homely and nice place.
As said above, I post what I cook. Many a times, when I get a request, I try to find the recipe and prepare it. But it is not always possible. Sometimes I don’t know the recipe, sometimes I cannot prepare it for various reasons. I don’t post anything unless I try it myself.

So to sum it up, Anjali’s Kitchen is a place with the following purposes:
1. Preserve and document food recipes that my family enjoys.
2. Log the experience and preparation of new learning spanning across a variety of cuisines.
3. Connect with like minded food lovers, friends and bloggers.

18 comments:

  1. Dear Anjali,
    Heartiest Congratulations. Keep it up.

    God Bless U.

    Our Best Wishes to you. Soon your blog will complete 5 yrs.

    One more thing i want to mentioned, what a coincidence Jan 12 is my B'day.

    Very happy to have such wonderful, creative, enthu friend.

    Regards
    Rajendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kavita GhoshbiswasAugust 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM

    Hey Anjali,

    Congrats… Am sure this will go on for years and years.. all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Congratulations Gal..!!!!
    All the Best!!!!
    Cheers :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anju, that's very nice to know!
    keep going!!

    -Prajakta

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1.6 lihinyachi chhan idea ahe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey !

    Hearty Congrats !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey.. congrats.. though I have not tried any dishes yet, but I have an idea how they would taste as I luv to cook :) btw y dont u start a non veg section?? I m a bong afterall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! Keep it up, Anjali!

    - Pranav Kale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great going dear and keep it up !!!! looking forward to more mouthwatering recipes on ur blog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely wonderful. This is a prime example of how your hobby can give happiness to not just you but millions of others.
    I know your website is one of the most visited ones.
    Wish you many more such years of success, and keep spreading those mouthewatering delicacies.
    Parag chi majja ahe :D
    Cheers
    Anmol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cangratulations and all the best… keep cooking or I should say PAKAO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aare kaay ekdam masta blog aahe tuzha! Tondala pani sutla .

    Very well written and illustrated. Especially, all these Indian dishes that you have given are unique and rarely documented anywhere online. Thanks for giving me great ideas for snacks. I am going to make lots of ‘farmaish’es to my wife now and you are the one to blame .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish you all the best for all your work…. TC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!!!

    This is awesome, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome! bravo!! keep going girl....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anjali,

    Congrats and wish u all the best!!!!

    1.6 khupach mast lihilay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delighted to have stopped by... i was looking for ukadiche modak and stumbled on your site... Anjali, congratulations on the fantastic work done... im following your blog now on! Good luck

    ReplyDelete