Tondli chi Bhaji/ Gherkins Vegetable
- 1 tbsp chana dal (Besan)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Coriander and grated coconut to garnish
- Heat oil in pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafetida. When the mustard and cumin seeds pop, add the curry leaves and stir well.
- Add turmeric & red chili powder, stir for a couple of seconds and add finely sliced Tondli.
- Add the garam masala and salt.
- Mix besan in it.
- Stir thoroughly and cook covered on low medium heat, until tender & crisp.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated coconut and serve hot with roti or fulka.