Paneer Cheese Frankie !!!
This is the 1st recipe I have prepared in “My New Kitchen” J.
I was busy arranging the house so have not posted any recipe in between.
Paneer Cheese Frankie is very delicious and simple to make once the preparations are done. If everything is prepared in advance it is very quick to prepare and serve.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
- ½ cup Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 onion chopped (medium size)
- 1 cup cottage cheese (Paneer), grated
- ½ cup Cheese, grated
- Oil, Shallow fry
- Salt to Taste
- Take besan in bowl and add methi leaves (I had more so that it increases the nutrition content in it), salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chaat masala, lemon juice, chopped onion. Mix well.
- Add water to it and mix well. The batter should be free flowing and not thick.
- Heat a tawa. Add little oil.
- Put a ladleful of batter on it and spread it slightly.
5. Cook on low heat till done on one side. (Note: It is to be cooked only from one side.
6. Drizzle some oil round the sides and top.
7. Put some grated paneer and cheese in the center of the Frankie.
8.Sprinkle some red chili powder over it.
9. Fold the two sides over the stuffing (Paneer +Cheese).
10. Serve hot!