- Grate the paneer in one bowl.
- Add to it ginger garlic chili paste, salt, garam masala, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Take a capsicum and cut it from stem side to make it hallow. Clean it from inside. Remove the seeds.
- Stuff the above mixture in it.
- Roll the open end of stuffed capsicum in corn flour.
- Take another bowl add besan, chili powder, turmeric and salt. Mix it well.
- Cut the stuffed capsicum in to rings.
- Roll the capsicum in the above mixture.
- Take pan pour 1 tbsp oil and shallow fry the paneer capsicum rings.
- Serve hot :-))
Monday, June 27, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Tip: You can use your favorite fruits and syrups to make different cakes from above recipe.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Vat Pournima is the festival for Maharashtrian women, which is celebrated in the month of Jesht (May-June). Women observe a fast and tie threads around a banyan tree and pray for the same husband in every birth.
On occasion of Vat Pournima I am posting one very healthy recipe “Banana Rice Flakes Delight” Which is really good for people who are dieting, kids and also for the ones who are thinking for some new recipe for the breakfast. It’s very simple and quick to make.
- 1 cup- Rice flakes
- 2 – Bananas
- 1 tbsp- groundnuts
- 1 cup- chopped cucumber
- 1 cup- curd
- 3-4 chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- Salt for taste
1. Take a medium size bowl and add all the ingredients.
2. Mix well and serve.
- You can add pomegranate to it to make it more colorful.
- Also you can add chopped apple , sweet lemon or any other fruit which you like to make it rich in nutrition’s.
Importance of Vat Pournima
The celebration derived from the story of Savitri and Satyavan. It has been foretold that Satyavan won't live long. Resting on the lap of Savitri, Satyavan was waiting for death under a banyan tree, when the day of death comes. The messenger of Yama, the God of death came to take Satyavan. But Savitri refused to give her beloved husband. Messenger after messenger tried to take Satyavan away, but in vain. Finally, Yama himself appeared in front of Savitri and insisted to give her husband. Since, she was still adamant, he offered her a boon. She asked for the well being of her in-laws. He granted it to her. She then followed him as he took Satyavan's body away. He offered her another boon. She now asked for the well being of her parents. This boon, too, was granted. But she was relentless, and continued to follow him. As they approached Yama's abode, he offered her a final boon. She asked for a son. He granted it. She then asked him how it would be possible for her to beget sons without her husband. Yama was trapped and had to return her husband. So, married women pray to the banyan tree for the long life of their husbands and children. Their fast is observed the whole night till the next morning.