- 1.5 cup chopped tomatoes puree
- 10 to 12 cashews/kaju
- ½ inch ginger chopped
- 2 garlic chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 green cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 200 grams paneer
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tej patta /bay leaf
- 1 or 2 green chilies, slit
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp sugar or add as required
- 1 or 1.25 cups water
- salt as required
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1. Take 1.5 cups chopped tomatoes and make puree.
2. 10 to 12 cashews grind to paste
3. Grind cardamom and cloves.
4. Heat oil in kadai, add tej patta and sauté for a couple of seconds then add finely chopped onions. Sauté and cook till the onions become light golden or golden.
5. Add 1 or 2 slit green chilies.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and grind cardamom and clove.
7. Add tomato puree and simmer this mixture on a low flame.
8. Add cashew paste to it
9. Add 2 tbsp butter to it.
10.Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chili powder.
11.Stir and sauté this masala. You will see the masala clumping and gathering around itself.
12.Then add 1 cup water. Stir very well.
13.Stir and allow the gravy to come to a simmer. Then season with salt and sugar.
14.Add paneer cubes
15.Stir and simmer the gravy for about a minute.
16.Lastly add cream. Switch off the flame & stir very well.
17.Garnish paneer lababdar with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, naan