This moist single-layer vanilla cake with a delicate texture and delectable crumb.
· 100gm maida or wheat flour
· 100gm Sugar
· 3 eggs
· 1 tsp cake gel
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ tsp baking powder
1. Beat sugar, cake gel and eggs using an electric mixer set on low speed.
2. Add vanilla extract to it and beat on medium – high speed until it blends well.
3. Sift the cake flour, baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
4. Mix the above batter in the cake flour bowl. Blend it well.
5. Pre- Heat the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Lightly coat muffin cake pan with butter and dust with all-purpose flour.
7. Pour 1/3 cup measures into muffin liners and smooth over top and bake for 35 minutes until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to kool.
9. Un-mold and cool completely.
- You can vary this muffin recipe by adding 1 cup of additional ingredients of your choice.
- You could use one cup of mashed banana or one cup of chocolate chips or even one cup of diced, cooked apples.
- Kids love these, especially when you add chocolate chips to this recipe.
- Apple muffins spiced with cinnamon are a delightful variation to try.