Pudachi Vadi or Sambhar Vadi
· ½ bowl coarsely ground cashew-nut
· 2 cup chopped coriander leaves
· 1 tbsp poppy seeds
· 1/2 cup grated dry coconut
· 1 tsp red chili powder
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
· 1 tsp lemon juice or amchur powder and chaat masala
· 1 tsp sugar
· salt to taste
· 1 tsp cumin & mustard seeds
· 1 tsp coriander powder (Dhana powder)
· 2 tsp maida or wheat flour
· 1 bowl besan
· pinch of asafetida
· pinch of baking powder
· 1 tsp ginger, garlic and chili paste
· oil to fry
· 1 tsp Garam Msala
· ¼ bowl raisins
· 4 tsp oil
1. Heat a pan with oil, let the cumin & mustard seeds splutter. Add ginger, garlic and green chili paste & asafetida.
2. Add salt, turmeric, chili powder & coriander powder in it. Mix well.
3. Now add dry grated coconut. Fry till it’s crunchy.
4. Add poppy seeds. Mix well.
5. Add amchur powder, chaat masala and sugar. Mix well.
6. Remove from the fire and add cashew nut powder. Mix well and keep it aside.
7. Take chopped coriander in 1 bow. Add chili, garlic and ginger paste. Add salt. Mix well
8. Take another bowl and mix beasn, maida or wheat flour, 2 tsp hot oil (Mohan), turmeric powder, chili powder, pinch of salt & baking powder. Make dough of it by adding water.
9. Make 10-12 pieces of the dough, roll each piece in oval shape, spread spoonful mixture on it, & make a roll of it. Repeat the same procedure for remaining balls.
10. Dip fry all vadi until become golden brown.
11. Serve it with tamarind sauce or schezwan chutney & fried, salted green chilies. J