- Puri’s (40-50)
To Make Pani:
- 1/2 cup Tamarind Pulp
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp roasted Cumin Seed (Jeera) Powder
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 3 Green Chilly
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina Leaves)
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 2 tbsp crushed Jaggery
- 2 medium boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- salt to taste
- Green chutney
- Grind in a hand blender coriander, mint leaves and green chilies to make a fine paste.
- Soak the tamarind in ½ cup of water for approximately 1 hour. Strain out all the pulp through a sieve.
- Mix all the ingredients of the pani along with the green paste. Dissolve the jaggery properly. Adjust the spices and tanginess according to taste.
- Strain through a strainer to remove any rough bits. Keep in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hrs before serving.
To Make The Stuffing :
- In a bowl mix chickpeas, roughly mashed potatoes and salt. Keep aside.
- Make a small hole on a puri by tapping slowly on the crisp side.
- Fill some stuffing in the centre along with some green chutney, tamarind chutney and some chilled pani prepared earlier. Stir the pani before using to mix all the masala.