Bhendi (Lady Finger) Chi Bhaji / Okra Stir Fry
- Bhendi – 300 gms (Chopped thin round pieces)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Pinch of asafetida
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp oil
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp grounded groundnut
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander to garnish
- Heat oil in Kadhai and add mustard seed. When they splutter add asafetida, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala. Mix well.
- Add Bhendi to it and mix well in the masala. Cook on medium flame.
- Toss the Bhendi frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Add lemon juice, salt, sugar and grounded groundnut. Mix well.
- Bhendi is ready to eat when it’s soft but cook it slightly longer on low flame until its crisp.
- Garnish with coriander .
- Serve hot with Chapatti or Roti or Fulka J