Most vegetarians wonder about their proteins and struggle with finding good sources of protein. Here is a protein rich food for vegetarians. Simple to cook. Delicious and works as a breakfast or dinner option.
Thanks to my close friend Sharmila Dixit for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Ingredients : Serves 4 people
- 4 tbsp or 2 large cups of besan or bengal gram flour
- 1-2 large onions finely chopped
- 1-2 large tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 or 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric/haldi powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander/dhania powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin/jeera powder
- 1/2 tsp of carom/ajwain/owa seeds
- Handful of coriander leaves/dhania finely chopped
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil for shallow frying
Step 1: Prepare the batter by mixing all the above ingredients in a large bowl and adding enough water to make a semi liquid pouring consistency.
Step 2: Heat the non stick-tawa/ shallow frying pan on the gas and pour 2 tablespoons of batter and spread evenly to make an omelette. Poke a few holes in the omelette with the ladle to allow for even cooking.
Step 3: Spread a spoon of cooking oil to prevent sticking and turn the omelette until both sides are cooked. One side is turns crispy brown to indicate that it is fully cooked.
Step 4: Serve hot with tomato sauce or tomato pesto. Homemade fresh yogurt or curd acts as a healthy accompaniment.
Enjoy your healthy; filling and delicious omelette.Build your lean muscles.