- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 small to medium size potatoes
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup grated fresh coconut (optional)
- ½ to 1 tsp sugar or as required
- ½ to 1 tsp lemon juice or as required (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
1. Soak sabudana overnight or for 3-5 hours.
2. Next day drain the sabudana very well and keep aside in a bowl.
3. Boil the potatoes and when warm peel and chop them.
4. In a pan dry roast the peanuts till browned and when cooled make a coarse powder in a dry grinder.
5. Mix the coarsely powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the drained sabudana.
6. Now heat oil. Fry the cumin first till they crackle and get browned.
7. Now add the green chilies. Fry for half a minute.
8. Now add potato and saute for 1-2 minutes.
9. Add the sabudana. Keep on stirring the mixture.
10. When the sabudana loses their opaqueness and starts becoming translucent they are cooked.
11. Don't overcook as they might become lumpy and hard.
12. Now add grated coconut. Mix well. Remove from the burner.
13. While serving garnish sabudana khichdi with coriander leaves (optional) and drizzle with some lemon juice.
14. Serve sabudana khichdi hot.