It’s a Maharashtrian Dish. Kothimbir Vadi means Coriander
Vada. It’s a snack which is very popular in Maharashtra.
I tried doing this for the weekend snacks menu. My Mother
in law have totally different recipe for this which I would
Easy to make snacks for weekends.. try it!
- 2 cups chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 3 tbsp bhajniche peeth
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in bowl except the oil.
- Use little water and make a thick batter. The batter consistency should be like bhaji/pakoda batter.
- Take one plate grease it and pour the batter in it.
- Steam for 15-20 mins.
- Allow to cool and then cut in to pieces.
- Take a kadhai pour oil in it for frying.Fry until golden brown and appear crisp.
- Serve it with any dip/ chutney/ sauce of your choice.
Tip: When you have lot of guest coming this can be steamed and refrigerated and fried at time of serving.