Shravan Special Recipe
The month of Shravan is the most auspicious month of the Chaturmas. This month is spread out with innumerably religious festivals and ceremonies and almost all the days of this month are auspicious.
Shravan is considered the holiest month of the year. Each Monday of this month, known as Shravani Somvar, is a special day in Shiva temples Devotees pile the linga high with Bel leaves and flowers and fast till sunset. The nandadeep (24 hour lamp) burns steadily in the temples.
Also on all Fridays of Shravan month married women observe Jiviti Puja.
So to celebrate the auspicious beginning of shravan month today I have prepared “Poha Potato Vada”. J
Here is the recipe for all. Prepare the quick and easy “Poha Potato Vada” recipe with all the handy ingredients at home. J
- 2 cups poha (Rice Flakes)
- 2 medium size potatoes (grated OR boil)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1tsp red chili
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp besan (chick pea flour)
- Salt to taste
- Wash and Soak rice flakes in water for 2-3 min. Drain the water completely.
- Wash and boil potatoes and peel them and mash them. OR You can just grate the peeled potato.
- Add the rice flakes to the mashed potatoes. Add all the other ingredients.
- Make small round balls and flatten them.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry them till golden brown.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or Chutney or tartare dip.